AIM Motorsport SmartyCam GP HD (Rev.2.2)
The new AIM SmartyCam GP HD (Rev 2.2) has been designed for motorsport and is incredibly compact and robust. The professional on-board camera records in full 1280p HD video and can include all the technical information that will help you improve your performance.
The camera is available in two versions:
- The 67° lens is preferred for closed-roof cars, as it "sees" the track just within the wind-screen pillars, reducing that unpleasant black frame typical of generic camera on-board videos.
- A 84º lens is available for open-roof and formula cars, where it is possible to have a more ample view of the track and there is no risk of black frames.
If you have a Formula car, a racebike, or when the SmartyCam HD is not so convenient to install this version with its remote bullet camera is the answer. Intelligent settings allow the camera to automatically start / stop recording by using the inbuilt 3 axis accelerometer so you can concentrate on the track. A wide colour TFT display offers immediate playback and helps with setting up.
- Real Time Data Overlay: SmartyCam GP HD (Rev 2.2) automatically overlays on your video all of the data you need: speed, RPM, lap number, gear shifts and much more. Simply choose the data and graphical layout you prefer from the many different overlays available. Data can be read from all the possible sources. From GPS: track map and vehicle position as well as speed, lap and split times. From AIM logger / dash logger connected to your ECU: RPM, throttle, engaged gear, acceleration, temperatures, pressures etc. From sensors connected to your AIM logger / dash logger.
- Direct CAN ECU connection : The new Rev 2.2 SmartyCam GP HD has been designed integrating the direct connection to the CAN-bus line of the ECU. It allows the use of can-bus communication protocols included in the official AIM database. This new feature has been designed particularly for those vehicles like Formula cars or race bikes, where the available space to fit things in is minimal.
- CMOS Sensor and Lenses Designed For Motorsport: Other generic action cameras are designed to record video in many different situations (skiing, surfing etc), but in motorsports they tend to record misleading videos making it difficult to tell if a section of track is straight or curved. Being a camera dedicated to motorsports, the SmartyCam GP HD features lenses specifically designed to avoid distortion.
- Designed for extreme conditions: An on-board camera designed for motorsports must continue to work in the most extreme working conditions typical of track racing and against the most adverse weather, such as: strong and prolonged vibrations, continuous rain and extreme high and low temperatures. That is why the SmartyCam GP HD is made in machinery moulded aluminium, just like many competition car parts.
- Coaxial bullet cable with dedicated connection: The new connection cable for the bullet camera is now more protected from electromagnetic noise, and has stronger filtering on the power connection of the SmartyCam GP HD.
- Integrated CAN-bus Hub: SmartyCam GP HD Rev 2.2 now has 4 connectors, one completely dedicated to the bullet cam, one for the ECU-MIC, one for the GPS08 Module connection and an extra one to add any expansion that you might need.
- Higher Storage Capacity: Using a compression system which has been optimised to provide the perfect balance between video quality and file size. Video is stored on an SD card and you can select 3 different recording quality options: High quality, 1 hour = 4GB, Standard quality - 1 hour = 2GB, Low quality - 1 hour = 1.5GB. This means that with a 128GB SD card you can store over 32 hours of footage.
- Sound Recording: As the SmartyCam GP HD (Rev 2.2) is sealed and waterproof to IP67 standards, it will only pick up a muffled “interference” sound which is fine if all you want to hear is basic engine rpm’s, but for anything else please order the optional external microphone lead. These are available in two versions, AIM Motorsport SmartyCam HD / GP HD External Power Cable with External Microphone to suit standalone installations when not connecting the SmartyCam to a dash or logger (this has the benefit of providing 12 volt power to the SmartyCam), or AIM Motorsport SmartyCam HD / GP HD CAN Cable with External Microphone for when connecting to an AIM dash or logger.
UK Mainland Delivery Prices
|Delivery Type||Cost||Estimated Delivery Time|
|Standard Delivery||from £0.59||2-3 working days from day of despatch|
|Express Delivery||from £0.83||Order before 4.30pm Monday to Friday for next working day or weekend delivery|
|Special Delivery||from £11.94|
|Click & Collect||from £5.94||Collect your parcel from a local post office. 2 - 3 working days from day of despatch|
how do I apply for finance?
1. Choose your products
Fill your basket with at least £250 of products and check if finance is applicable! If it’s not, you could try adding additional products or changing your selections.
2. Select finance at checkout
When selecting your payment option, choose ‘finance’ and customise your finance to suit you - choose how long you’d like it for and which deposit option you’d like.
3. Apply in just 2 minutes!
You will be redirected to our finance provider, V12 Retail Finance, who will guide you through the simple 2 minute application to apply for your finance!
Please note finance is only available on UK orders.
Total cost on finance
With a deposit
and charge for credit